"The best, easiest Sangria!! The basil seems strange, but is the perfect touch. You'll love this guaranteed!"
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 1/2 cups peach nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle white wine such as
- 2014 Daven Lore Dry Riesling
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, basil leaves, half of the peach nectar and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, crushing the basil leaves with the back of a spoon to release their flavor. Simmer just long enough to melt the sugar, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain the basil mixture into a pitcher filled with ice cubes. Pour in wine and remaining peach nectar. Stir briefly and serve.